Gangotri with Nelong Valley
Invites you for a safari adventure in The Nelang Valley...
Restricted for civilian access since the last 50 years, the Nelang valley leads on a many historical trade routes one of which was once used by Heinrich Harrer during his famous escape shown in Hollywood movie "7 years in Tibat" Nelang is a small hilly village which lies in one of the areas subject to territorial disputes between India and China, which have been opened for the tourists interested in eco-tourism from this year.
The Nelang valley has always been an adventurist's delight as it has been linked with the historical trade routes that were part of the ancient passageways to Tibet. The valley is also filled with mythological tales that are popular among the local population living here. We at Leisure Hotels are all set to greet the tourists opting for the safari tour in Nelang valley - The majestic mountains A part of the Gangotri National Park, the valley is now opened in daytime for about six vehicles carrying six people in a vehicle.
After the aggression from China in 1962, Bhutiya villagers were rehabilitated to Dunda and other locations in Uttarkashi and army posts were set up in villages on the border. But now, after more than 50 years, adventure enthusiast can get a chance to enjoy the beauty of the valley and get glimpses of exotic wildlife such as Himalayan blue sheep and snow leopards etc.
An important point for cross-border traders pre-war, Nelang valley still has structures which are related to the old trade route. Gartang Galion, a wooden bridge and the Lal Devta temple are such points in the area which fall on the route for Tibet.
Guests can board safari jeeps for travelling to Nelang Valley from Bhairavghati which is 25 Km ride. As the valley re-opens now, guests can also get a chance to see Tibetan plateau.
NELANG VALLEY SAFARI
5 Days/4 Nights
Day 1: Delhi - Haridwar (215 Kms/6hrs)
Meet and greet at Haridwar Hotel ,followed by welcome drink. Check in to your pre-allotted rooms followed by lunch. The rest of the day is free for you to explore the city with Tour Tour Guide. Evening Arti at Hari Ki Pouri, Dinner & Overnight at Hotel Godwin Haridwar.
Day 2: Haridwar - Uttarkashi(230 Kms, 7 hrs)
After breakfast, we will proceed to Uttarkashi, en route visit Kashi Vishwanath Temple. Overnight stay at Anand Ganga Resort , Uttarkashi.
Day 3: Uttarkashi - Gangotri 100/3-4hrs & Nelang Valley Safari - Uttarkashi
After early breakfast, we shall drive for about 100 kms to reach Gangotri temple. We offer the guests to do the prayers at Gangotri temple and reach Bhairon Ghati wherein we will park our vehicles. We will be taking jeeps from the forest department and take a day trip to Nelang valley with picnic lunch. Evening back to Uttarkashi Overnight stay at Anand Ganga Resort.
Day 4: Harsil - Haridwar (280 Kms, 8 hrs)
After early breakfast, we will proceed to Haridwar. Lunch en-route. Overnight at Hotel Godwin , Haridwar.
Day 5: Haridwar - Delhi
After a leisurely breakfast free time to pack your luggage and memories and depart for onward destination.
The Cost- Per Head- 10000/- per head on twin sharing basis.
Includes the following services:
1. Daily breakfast & Dinner.
2. Jeep Safari Ex. Uttarkashi.
3. Multi cuisine dining facilities.
4. Hot water bottles as sun down service.
5. Guided visit to shrine.
6. First aid at with oxygen cylinders.
7. All arrangements including monument fee, Guide and mules for transporting equipment and members' luggage etc.
8. Escorted walk and visit to nearby places.
The above price does not include the following services:
1. Any transport/transfers.
2. Train fare/ Airfare to/ from Haridwar.
3. Travel insurance covering medical evacuation, hospitalization, air evacuation, baggage insurance and trip cancellation.
4. Use of mini-bar in the hotel rooms wherever applicable.
5. Any optional trips other than specified in the program.
6. Any en-route or personal expenses such as alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages, telephone calls, tips & gratuities, laundry etc.
7. Personal equipment like clothes, shoes, daypacks, personal medical kit etc.
8. Any exigency expenses due to reasons beyond our normal control and any other item not specified above.
Terms & Conditions:
1. All Prices are in Indian Rupees.
2. All tours are subject to terms and conditions mentioned on the booking form in our brochure.
3. Tour prices are valid for Indian Nationals & Foreigners holding Indian Resident Permit.
Meticulous planning, emphasis on every little possible detail will give you a hassle-free tour with us. We are very sure that once you have discovered the unusual advantages of Leisure Hotels, you will never want to take a trip any other way again. We believe in turning the dreams into reality
4. Major and must-see sights along with ample of leisure time to explore on your own.
5. Team comprises of local experts - who extensively know the terrain.
6. Campsite/resorts/hotels are selected with extra care, so that you can relax comfortably in clean and beautiful environment.
7. More than 24 years of experience in showing traveler the selected destination.
8. 98% of satisfaction ratio on our guest's post-vacation survey.
Please note small changes in itineraries may be necessary due to unforeseen circumstances. However modification, if any, will be made in the best interests of the group or individual and you will be fully informed of any changes.
Group Size, Min. 4pax.
Normally our groups will vary from 10 to 30 participants. The minimum number of persons required to operate a tour is mentioned under the itineraries. However, in certain circumstances, depending on the tour, we will operate at less than the minimum number in order to avoid disappointment to our guests.
Make sure you bring any personal medications that you may need. Bring enough to cover yourself for the whole trip. We recommend immunizations against Typhoid, Hepatitis A and Tetanus. Please consult your doctor for more information. A basic first-aid kit is provided at the resort.
List of things to carry will be sent to you once you book with us. However, in general you should bring a set of semi-camouflaged trousers/shirts/jackets. Jeans with brown or green shirts are a good combination. Bright colors scare off birds and animals, and in certain cases provoke them! Usually during the day it is pleasantly warm and a shirt and possibly sweater are adequate. However, nights can be quite cold requiring a sweater and jacket. Requirements will vary depending on where you are staying and which tour you are taking part in. You should bring one or two pairs of strong walking shoes, especially for trekking.